Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Celebrating Peace Day
On this most auspicious occasion, International Peace Day, I was thrilled to be invited to speak with my colleagues at Peace Radio in Yemen.

We discussed the importance of peace day, and the potentially significant impact that their work which includes launching a radio station in Yemen called Peace Radio. I shared the words of UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres, who observed that radio, still the dominant media platform worldwide, is a powerful tool for "dialogue, tolerance, and peace." (See article).

I congratulated my colleagues on the launch of Peace Radio, and offered several suggestions, including using their radio platform to empower women and to build bridges between communities and people in Yemen.

Their work is admirable, even brave, considering the desperate circumstances in Yemen. I am proud of my association with Peace Radio. The example set by my Yemeni colleagues inspires me.



No comments:

Post a Comment