Sunday, March 3, 2013

Back in Uganda, seminars underway Monday; Hope for Kenya

I'm back in Uganda for the final three seminars of the peace media/counterterrorism project. For more details on the project, see this link. First, my colleague Gloria Laker and I will conduct two seminars in border areas, with an emphasis on how border security officials and the media can cooperate. Then, we'll finish the project with a symposium here in Kampala. Stay tuned for details.

BTW, for my poor snowbound friends in the U.S., it's sunny, 75 and beautiful here, as always. Sorry.

In other news, irresponsible, inflammatory comments are being made by politicians about Kenya's election on Monday. (see story) My best wishes for a peaceful election are with all the Kenyan people, especially my journalism colleagues who attended our peace journalism seminars last summer in Nairobi and Eldoret.


For more background, see NY Times article.

No comments:

Post a Comment