Monday, October 28, 2013

Arrival in enchanting Ireland; NGO seminar tomorrow

I just landed in Ireland today. I’m here to speak at and participate in a conference in Limerick that begins tomorrow.
The trip from Dublin, where we landed, to Limerick was by “luxury motorcoach” (an oxymoron?). Since the express bus came later in the day, my colleague and I took the 10:00am local bus, which stopped 74,876 times between the Dublin and Limerick, usually on the main drag of a small town, but occasionally at a bus stop along the road in the middle of nowhere. What the trip lacked in efficiency (4 hours, vs. 2 hours for a direct bus), it made up for in scenery. This truly is a lovely country.

As for the seminar, "the Sustained Humanitarian Presence Initiative", I’ll have more details about this beginning tomorrow.
Tonight, rumor has it that a welcome beverage of some kind will be offered up by the locals.

No comments:

Post a Comment