Monday, May 11, 2015

What I'm reading; Prepping for Kuwait and Istanbul

A couple of interesting peace-journalism related articles have come my way lately. The first involves an excellent radio for peace project in South Sudan. The second is a thought-provoking story about a photographer who shot an incident where a xenophobic crowd killed a man in South Africa. Was it his responsibility to photograph the event, or intervene in an attempt to assist the victim?

In other news, I'm leaving for Kuwait in a few days. I'll be doing workshops there next week for journalists, NGO's, and perhaps students as well. Then, it's off to Istanbul, where I'll be working with my colleagues on a Peace Journalism Summit at the University of Istanbul. Stay tuned to this blog for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment