Wednesday, November 9, 2016

To my Muslim students, friends, colleagues, and family around the world:
On what must be a very difficult day, I am writing to remind you that tens of millions of Americans, myself included, still have open minds, open hearts, and open doors for our Muslim brothers and sisters.

The experts are still trying to sort out why, but suffice it to say that there are hundreds of explanations for the election results.  As someone who always tries to see the glass half full, I interpret these results not as an embrace of Islamophobia, but instead as a repudiation of the American political status quo.

Whatever may unfold during the next four years, please remember that our journey continues to fulfill Dr. Martin Luther King’s dream of the United States as a nation where people are judged not by the color of their skin (or their religion, or gender, or sexuality), but by the content of their character.

Please remember that you are always welcome in my class, at Park University, and in my home.

Peace,

Steven Youngblood

No comments:

Post a Comment