Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Video excitement in 2022; Looking ahead to 2023
I’ve been fortunate to be interviewed twice recently. The first video was recorded in Kosovo several months ago, and is an interesting discussion about journalism’s role in dealing with the past. The second video, posted just before Christmas, is with the Varna Institute for Peace Research in Austria, and more generally discusses peace journalism. 

As for 2023, I’m looking forward to another exciting year. Of course, I’ll be producing two
Peace Journalist magazines. The first, in April, will be a special edition dealing with climate change and peace journalism.

I can’t really discuss yet my most exciting ‘iron in the fire’ until its official. A hint: it involves a long term program that would combine PJ with media literacy (especially combating Russian war disinformation) in Eastern Europe.

I will be in Greece next summer at the Thessaloniki Summer School. I’ve been there before, and it’s nothing short of fabulous. I also have several other potential projects, and will let you know about those soon, too.

Happy New Year to all. Here’s hoping for a more peaceful year.


No comments:

Post a Comment