Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Mbarara photo album inspires, delights multiple generations
OK, it's probably not that good, but I hope these photos provide a somewhat interesting look at Uganda's second biggest city. (Click here for photo album) Right along the main highway, there are three demolished, wrecked cars splayed along the side of the road. Inexplicable. While I was shooting the wrecks, a man in a suit came up and scolded me that I should not be taking such pictures. I shrugged, and left quickly.

1 comment:

  1. Steve - I don't know if this is still true, but it used to be that you had to leave the wreck in place at an accident site until the insurance examiner and police had finished the investigation -- and that took months or years to accomplish The rusted hulks of damaged trucks were found at regular intervals, waiting for the insurance company to send someone. Perhaps these cars are also waiting for accident results?

    ReplyDelete